Stamps

It is definitely not a monetary issue here. In fact, I would get either 5 or 10 of those sets just to spite if I were that determined and well off enough. And I actually already have a set from the 90th Anniversary Gala Dinner.

But the point is, even if I were well off enough to buy those sets to spite, I shouldn't. The very fact that I am not doing charity when I am giving to charity is the reason I shouldn't give. When one gives, one must actually want to give, and not expect anything in return. It should also not be like feeding dogs. A rich man could donate a small portion of his fortune away, but if his mindset was that he is feeding dogs, then what good could come out of it?

It was like the times when NKF was doing their shows and giving out lucky draws for people who call in. It is just not right. And just as much not right as forced charity.

But someone thinks otherwise. And I'm not talking about the first one involved.

0 comments: