Tags

I personally do not like this system of classification, as you either become too generic or you have too many tags to keep up with.

My many encounters with tagging systems have only served to reinforce that, like Delicious (formerly Del.icio.us) bookmarks and Blogger posts (I only use 11 tags, of which 2 are 'dead').

The tags of danbooru style imageboards (e.g Konachan.com, moe.imouto.org) are less irritating, only because I don't have to manage them myself. But as you would be able to see, it is a jumble of screwed up data, not much better than a brute force word search.

This is also why I don't like MAL's tagging system. Of which I don't use anyway. I have a problem (of which you don't need to solve for me, tyvm) putting some shows into the same genre/tag, and if I make enough to split them out, it sorts of defeats the purpose already.

0 comments: