Linux Cont'd

Ok, so I have been using Ubuntu for about 2 weeks already. An updated review is apparent.

Things that have remained approximately status quo:
Mozilla Firefox
GIMP
Pidgin (almost the same as ymsgr)
Stepmania (just that it took a little more configuration)
µTorrent (Running fine on wine (rhyme not intended))
IME (input method editor)
Golly (Game of Life Simulator)
Veoh Dl (with VeohProxy)
VBA
Arduino (perhaps excluding the fact that I still can't create a panel shortcut)
Hardware (external and internal)

Things that did not turn out so well:
WoW (anyway I dun play DoTA so much anymore)
Portal (anyway I almost completed it anyway)
Touhou Games (I was able to have a match running on wine, but I couldn't see the HP, Spirit or number of cards I have)
Keyboard Shortcuts (at least getting used to the available ones and to config them)
Hearts, Spider, Pinball, Inkball (I can get the Linux vers but I am just too lazy)

Things that have turned better:
EyeCandy (including xeyes, "Exposé" (Window List), "Spaces" (Workspaces) and rollup of screen)
Mouse Locking

That is already my TL;DR, so I shall actually slack off and not finish this post.

0 comments: