SHnY 2009

I am going to do a hit and run here.

Becoming one of my many usual selves (or should that be "selfs"), I am going to calmly state that there were at least 3 hentai opportunities in Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, and what disappointment I had when a Google search for "bamboo leaf rhapsody hentai opportunities" led to nothing useful...
(If anyone is interested, they are: When Mikuru was asleep, both when her elder self was around and after Kyon helped chibi-loli Haruhi; then there was in Nagato's guest room.) If anyone is willing to illustrate I can try to come up with a half-assed story.

priceless comment is priceless:

“Hey do you know what is the true reason we had to wait for 3 years?”
“No clue”
“Our male lead and one of the main characters have slept for 3 years. That’s why”

Back to another of my more mild selves (damnit I'm going to stick with "selves"), Mikuru when Kyon woke her up was priceless. Head moving left and right in such a robotic manner, supplemented with the stuttering, then feeling herself for her TPDD, and finally mass murdering everyone via nosebleed with the moeblob "aiyo" (my mother actually asked if they really go "aiyo", I'm not too sure myself...) and crying.

Then comes the "travelling forward in time via freezing oneself". I've seen it a few times, but none as subtle as this. The tankazu part is quite obviously a time loop, but time loops are apparently treated as completely normal in SHnY. Not that it hurts anything, but over-reliance on them to solve the plot is not fun...

Overall, watching with the Light Novel translation as subs was really no problem, except when they were talking too quickly for me to see which line they are on. But it was easy to catch up. I did watch with subs later on, ignoring the troll subs.

The ED video gave me a headache, but not too bad. The chorus is nice, but seems familiar. Haruhi looked too much like Hirasawa Yui in the closing shot, and the other characters looked K-ON!-ish as well. Wonder what the OP will be like.

Next ep possibly in 4 weeks, after Remote Island Syndrome II. Also, I'm sure everybody noticed that Haruhi S1 was also "3 years ago", around this time...In fact, May 21 '06 was the Original air date of Remote Island Syndrome II.

21 May 2009 // For those who believed, the time has come

EDIT: I suddenly remembered this also:
There are two date-related lines in episode 2; "In the process, we reached the first day after Golden Week." and "So that makes today Wednesday." Considering "the first day after Golden Week" is May 6th that is Wednesday, the year of the story is estimated as 2009, thus "Three years before" is 2006. The anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya became a big boom in 2006, and we actually saw the "information flare" caused by Haruhi Suzumiya on the net (like this page or Youtube, for example).
Yeah, yeah, haruhi overrated. But I guess it was not shitty at least.

Ok I lied about the hit and run. But does anyone want screenshots?

0 comments: