melancholy

I have been thinking a little about what I do that I consider myself "semi-pro", and what is crippling me from becoming "pro" in that area. Here is a list:

Hobbies:

Rubik's cube - OLL, PLLs and the fact that I still cannot Sub-60
Yo-yo - String tricks
Juggling - 2-in-one-hand needs more practice.
RC flying - plane orientation
Inline Skating - T-Stops
Stepmania - Jumpstreams
Math - Calculus, and all the stuff in MOP
Jappy - Jap grammar, Animu nubness + long backlog, Shitted opinions
Language - English spelling, Chinese hanzi, expression in both.
Webpage layout - CSS
Electronics - I still can't do the Ohm/Amps/Volts in my head.
"Hacking" - I am still using low-tech methods
Google searching - I still need a few tries to find errors
IRC - Still can't remember all the flags
Programming:
Javascript - I'm still refering to stock code.
Perl, Python - I'm still at editing variables/flow operators
C++, Actionscript, PHP - Still need to refer for functions

Then, there are communities I am involved in but do not do/know a shit:

Touhou (#fantasia_gensokyo on irc.rizon.net)
DSLRs
Photoshoppers (those who edit photos)
Media designers (Those who create digital art)
ROM dumpers
Fansubbers
OSS (haven't created any)
Council (I'm not even in it)
Debating

So there, a screwed up number of lives, enough to last for very long

0 comments: