Action vs Inaction

Sometimes, I feel that when I make a decision it basically means one willpower was stronger than another. If I wake up to read the papers, it means that my willpower to get updated in the meatspace was stronger than my willpower to stay in bed just before the sun rises. And I don't think it has anything to do with desire.

Somehow this holidays I have been sweating a lot. Was it Beijing or is it simply that the weather is getting hot, I dunno. I feel ok, but my body tells me otherwise. But then again I don't like sweating in clean clothes so I am using the ceiling fan a lot more than usual.

Also, I think I do stuff very much better when I actually want to do it, or I myself have somehow put it into my agenda. It is no use trying to get me "in the mood"; you have to hope for the best. The greatest problem however, is that most tasks are set within a timeframe; and if I don't feel like doing it within that timeframe then either I or someone else is screwed.

0 comments: