Robot9000

UPDATE: Nao it strips multiple whitespace instead. and I just exhausted my brainjuice for the day by regex matching a url...

on #miko @ irc.rizon.net we usually have quite a bit of problem with spamzorage.

Inspired by the Moderator from xkcd-signal, I decided to write up a small xchat script to do that. I was already editing Uberscript for dunno since when, and I think I have the basic perl + regex foundations.

And I think I have most of the stuff done. Robot9000 on #miko (the bot is named, well, MikoBot) does these:

- ignores case, more than 3 repeated chars, punctuation (except some) and spaces
- Keeps its own abridged logs with the above output.
- Lets triggers (!slap, !quote etc) pass.
- Special triggers for !hello and !url to share the love.
- Commands for Toggling and Debug mode (with debug log and debug log clearing)
- And of course, Kicks when "you said something said before" (cuz a mute ain't fun)

It is working rather well, except that it can only work when my Xchat is running. dang.

*note : in that order. Think about how it actually affects the output

0 comments: